Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Medicine

When God knit me together, He gave me a dislike of medicine. I've really grown to like it less and less as I get older. However, I am currently "preparing for rain". In order to make some things easier later on, my wonderful doctor has started me on a couple of different prescriptions. I'll spare you the details and just say that they are not fun. All of that to say....

If you want to be scared out of your mind, read the side effects of prescription medication! Here are a few of my current favorites:

- Do not stop this medication without checking with you doctor. Stopping suddenly may result in serious side effects. (WOW! This makes me not even want to start it! What is going to happen when it is time to stop!?)
-Check with your doctor as soon as possible if you experience bone problems (pain or broken/fractured bones). (Bone pain!?)
-And my personal favorite: Contact you doctor immediately if you experience......severe vomiting or vomit that looks like coffee grounds. (That's something I'm looking forward to.)

If those aren't enough to scare you, they also warn about chronic back pain, personality changes, and higher risk of infection (including colds and chicken pox). Are you kidding me? Do you know what I do for a living? I'm exposed to this daily!

(insert deep breath here............) As silly as it may sound, taking these medicines that I REALLY don't want to is part of my personal faith in action. I am believing that this is a time of preparation that God is/will work through - possible side effects and all.

3 comments:

Jaci said...

I am the exact same way!!! I hate taking meds because one, I am scared of all the side effects, two, (which some consider to be stupid but hey, whatever) my body makes the antibodies for it so don't want it. (now thats not for major illnesses but the common cold, flu etc). But I sooo feel ya!!!

Jackie said...

Well, thanks a lot, chick. I just skim that stuff, but now I'm gonna have to read it.

Maybe that's the reason I've been unable to talk or move because of this headache pain yesterday and starting today? I just started some new stuff. Gag!

Amy said...

Hang on, girl. It will all be worth it in the end. And I really, really hope you can avoid that coffee-grounds part of it. Ugh!!

I love you -