Monday, February 23, 2009

Day Seven: Refiner's Fire

Today would be a great day to skip posting on! Surprises are not always good and today's definitely fits into that column. While on the retreat over the weekend, I prayed a dangerous prayer. I asked God to show me what parts of my life still need to be cleansed. Today He started to show me.

Apparently I have a pretty short fuse at times. And crunch time at the beginning of the day is not the best foot to start out on. There was traffic before and after work. Many drivers got my two cents and then some. I also learned what it means to get so annoyed with someone that your vision blurs. I may have over-reacted slightly and singled someone out who most likely didn't deserve it. That has never happened before and it scared me to death. As soon as it happened, a co-worker walked in my room and I don't know what she saw/heard. Truth is, it wouldn't matter because it wasn't pretty at all. I'm ashamed....to say the least.

So into the fire we go.....

1 comment:

Amy said...

All of us have that ugly side to us, Dana. When we are tired and have lots on our mind, it just shows itself more forcefully. I doubt many of those who know you would even think a thing about it, as you are always so under control.

Hmm, perhaps God is taking some of that control out of the picture.