Friday, February 27, 2009

Day Eleven: Phone Call

Terry Esau would journal about his day VERY late at night so he wouldn't cut God short in His day. I've just learned that lesson. :) I had just posted about being productive today because I really was struggling to see where the daily surprise was. The fact that it was a productive day was not surprising but the fact that is was SO productive was very nice. I hit "publish" and immediately heard a buzzing sound coming from my post. Missed call. I ignored it at first but I finally had to stop visiting with Erin to check it. There, on my voicemail was my friend Adrienne. She left the sweetest voicemail so I immediately called her back.

Adrienne is one of those friends that everyone should have! She is funny, positive, upbeat, passionate, and really there when you need her. In a very loving way, I have always been slightly intimidated by talking to her. She is sweet as can be and I have been afraid that she would realize how significantly not cool I am. But that is part of her cool-ness....she ignores my nerdiness.

So back to the phone call, SUCH ease of conversation! She shared with me some of the things in her life and I immediately know this is exactly why the call was made. I prayed as she talked and I know it will keep going for a while. Then, just non-stop visiting. Catching up with a very dear friend. Such a blessing!! My phone started beeping (shock) so I had to cut it short. But for 25 minutes, God gave me a full conversation with my friend. I hope it happens again very soon. I do love that girl!

So, Adrienne, you were my surprise from God today! I would count it as one of my favorites.

No comments: