Friday, August 15, 2008

Top Ten Reasons Why I Love the Olympics 2008 (so far)

In no particular order:

10. Watching the men’s 4x100 free relay with Gregg
9. Doors have been opened amongst God’s people through these games like never before.
8. The sense of unity among those usually in conflict
7. That everyone sounds like experts when discussing sports we only watch once every four years
6. Chinese Gymnastics team and hearing the Chinese cheer on their team
5. The ridiculous amount of times I gasp or hold my breath for the athletes
4. Aaron Peirsol – enough said
3. The rise of the underdog
2. Watching Michael Phelps blow everyone away
1. Dreams coming true

3 comments:

Jackie said...

these are the 1st olympics I've actually gotten into since 1976. For those of you old enough to remember that - nough said.

the best thing is listening to Robert holler from the front room

Amy said...

I treated myself to lunch at Cafe Chris yesterday, and as I walked to my table, I could hear people talking about the Olympics. Don't remember that happening in a long time.... I'll be sad when it's over.

Alissa said...

Oh..yes..Aaron Piersol