Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Pinch Here and a Shake There

Here are the little things that are spicing up my life these days:
  • I am LOVING the Olympics! Michael Phelps is a beast and I am SO proud of all of our athletes. I am officially hooked! Now if only I cared enough about current events as I do about the next two weeks in China....
  • School is back in full swing for Katy ISD teachers. The room is coming along well and I'm sure there will be pictures within the next two weeks. It is significantly easier and more fun the second year than the first. I have some wonderful new teammates and we are enjoying getting to know each other. It is weird to be tied as the oldest member on the team!
  • I finished the Mark of the Lion series on Sunday night (Thanks, Jackie!). I HIGHLY recommend it to everyone! Not only are they some of the best writing I've read in a while but they really taught me a lot about first century Christianity. The scary things was that sometimes I would forget the story wasn't set in present day (but that is another blog for another day).
  • Thanks to Julie's recommendation, I started reading The Shack last night. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • I am feeling more confident in choices I've made over the past six months. God is good to answer prayers and to bless us when we lean on His understanding!

3 comments:

jenn said...

wow! you sound really good! I'm glad! :) i saw the picture on Erin's blog of the fam at dinner...your hair is so cute!!! glad work is off to a good start! miss ya, luvya

Mindi Tipps said...

Glad to hear it! Can't wait to see pics of your room and hear stories about your new kiddos! Praying for you as you start school.

Alissa said...

I am on chapter 6 of The Shack. It is so heart wrenching...I guess since I am a parent. I know I can finish it, but I know it will be hard. Can't wait to talk about it with you in a week and a half!