Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dangerous Confession

What I am about to tell you may shock some of you and disgust others. So in advance, I apologize...

The gift of A&M and, more importantly, Aggies for Christ, is by far one of the biggest blessings God has put in my life. I honestly cannot think back on who I am today without my years there. When someone asks where I went to school, I am extremely thankful and proud to say that I am an Aggie. However....

On the way to work this morning, I was behind someone who had a longhorn decal on the back of their car. To my surprise, I found that I had just about the same amount of affection for it as for my beloved block T. I have never really had any other the rivalry feelings for it as others have had. In fact, from their response to the bonfire tragedy, my respect started to grow. Today, I realized that it never stopped. The longhorn emblem offers me a rush of warmth and memories of a place I love. I do not claim to have any affiliation with UT but after living so close and loving that area so much, I now highly appreciate the school.

So to some of your dismay - Gig'Em Horns!

4 comments:

The Johnsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alissa said...

What?!?!

Amy said...

Dana ?!?! Did all that running do something to your brain?!? To quote a friend, "We need to talk!!"

I still love you, though.

*Lin* said...

I'm so proud. Just because you love another place besides the one you went to college in does not mean that you are a traitor. :)