Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saving the Best for Last

This has really not been the best summer of my life. There are several things to be thankful for and that I highly enjoyed but it was tough along the way. Thankfully, God saw fit to make this last weekend of summer break the best one! As it began, I couldn't help but realize how sanctified this weekend was for so many thousands throughout our state. While 10,000 women met in the Alamodome, thousands of men met in Houston for Men at the Cross. What a blessing!

On Friday, I drove to SA to meet Alissa and together, we spent the weekend in study and praise through Living Proof Live. We were blessed to study with Beth, praise with Travis and the LPL worship band, and Q&A with the Moore girls. It was almost too much! SO many things to be thankful for. I'm still processing it! When that happens (IF that happens), I'll share more then. Until that time comes, here are a few of the highlights.
  • Catching up with Alissa
  • Beautiful hotel room
  • Even though you are surrounded by thousands of people and very dear close friends, there are still those you wish were there to experience it all with you. What a gift of His people!
  • Singing SEVERAL of my favorite praise songs with thousands of women.
  • It has been confirmed that "In Christ Alone" remains in the top five best songs of all time. When we sang it, I know that the only thing that kept me from exploding into a thousand pieces with joy was the skin I'm in.
  • Sometimes, those hands just won't stay down!
  • AMAZING study on being heirs and our inheritance (Psalm 16)!
  • After years of slow but steady work, God broke through this hard head. At last, there is peace!
  • I am convinced, now more than ever, that there is something wonderful looming on the horizon. I have NO clue what it is but I know that God is already there and He is guiding me all the way.

2 comments:

jenn said...

glad you had an amazing weekend! Hope tomorrow is good for you; full of peace, rest and anything else you need before you're needed on monday! Wishing you well as you get started with your kiddos!!!

The Johnsons said...

I'm thrilled it was a good weekend for you! I want to go next time, but at least we have Christmas and the Spring to look forward to! Until then - we'll branch out. : )

Praying for you and the kids tomorrow!