Monday, February 11, 2008

Love is in the Air

As everyone in America is keenly aware, this Thursday is Valentine's Day. To celebrate, our school is recognizing Friendship Week. Part of the festivities is carnation sales at lunch. You would think that this would be a bigger deal for the older kids but when I went to pick up my munchkins, I had a surprise waiting for me. In the fists of one of my boys and all of my girls were carnations of various colors. The little boy walks up to me and hands me a yellow, a pink, and a white carnation. He then proudly announces that he had bought a flower for every girl in the class. As I look up, I see each girl lovingly gazing at their gift. It was very sweet. This boy is off to an early start! However, I have to give him a little credit. I've always been a sucker for flowers and I think he hit the nail on the head with my sweet little girls.

Lucky for him, there are only five in our class!

2 comments:

Darla said...

That is so sweet!

He is learning early but he probably has a wise mother behind this who knows that in order for him to be a sweet and considerate man he needs to learn early and possibly a father who is kind and considerate to his wife.

Our children learn from example.

For those older men who are not spontaneously considerate they need our communication to tell them what we are expecting or what we want and sometimes even that does not work.

The Johnsons said...

How sweet! I know there are rough days - but I know even more how much you love your little "munchkins."

You only have 5 girls?!?!?!