Tuesday, February 12, 2008

God's Activity

There is a lady at church that I am growing to really admire and love. At life group, she announced that she likes to ask people what God is doing in their lives. She said she does this because she has noticed in herself that her head knowledge of God's presence in her life often go unrecognized if she does not actively looked for Him. As the asker of questions, I know that you cannot ask a question you are not prepared to answer yourself. So here is what God is doing in my life:

  • revealing the lies that Satan attacks me with so he can shower me with His truths
  • showing me where my God-shaped holes are so that only He can abundently fill them
  • speaking a word when I need it most
  • creating a desire for a specific ministry
  • opening my eyes to the use of my time and what that means
  • making known to me what He has in store
  • healing wounds I did not know were still there
  • taking my breath away with the little ways He shows love on a daily basis

Our God is good and actively pursuing us daily. What about you? What is God doing in your life?

2 comments:

Darla said...

In my life God has given me a peace that I never knew could exist,
a knowledge that even though I mess up he can set it right for me if I am willing to follow Him, answered prayers I could not even utter, given me patience and tolerance for diversity and confidence to withstand adversity and softened my heart so I can cry.

I continue to pray daily that he take my will and make it His will. I recognize God's hand in my life. THAT in itself gives me comfort.

Jackie said...

God is giving me the chance to put myself second and third and forth. He is asking me to serve and trust in Him by doing so. He is spending time one on one with me.