Monday, February 25, 2008

Tugging on My Alissa String

Our God is so good! I've been thinking about the family we have been born into quite a bit over the past week or two. I've been blessed to remember those that have come along side me in my greatest joys and in my deepest pains. One has been tugging on my heart quite a bit the past two days and I wanted to take some time to honor her for all that she has allowed God to do for me through her.

I met Alissa when we both started attending Southern Hills church of Christ about the same time. While I remember the first night we had dinner together, I don't remember exactly when we became friends. Thankfully, somewhere along the way, God blessed me with the gift of her. For that alone, I will forever be grateful! In the short time we lived so closely, she held my hand through my darkness, persistently kept me at church, and helped me get refocused in my life. She never doubted me when that was all I felt in myself. She has made me feel like a part of her family. She can make me laugh like few others can. She tolerates me from my cheesiest to my most serious. I absolutely love every moment that I can spend with her. From serious to silly, she is there. She is a true friend in every sense of the word.

What I love most about Alissa is her heart to know God in a deeply personal way - to experience him and seek his truth. She shines in love for her precious family. Unfortunately, I don't call like I should but I hold Alissa up as one of the dearest friends of my life.

Alissa, tonight my prayer of thanksgiving is for you!

3 comments:

Alissa said...

Oh, Dana....that was so precious to me! Thank you for your love and friendship these past two years, almost. I love you like the sister I never had and pray that we can always connect through the coming years, how ever far apart we are. Thank you for you prayers and your love. You know you are right there in mine, as well. Muah!

Mindi Tipps said...

I am SO glad you have a friend like Alissa! We all need people in our life like that!

Alissa said...

D--I'm cruising through your blog, looking for a new book to read (I know there is a post here somewhere)--anyway, I read this post again and cried...again! I miss you. You are truly special in my life and, even though we don't talk often enough, I think of you all the time. Have a wonderful Christmas, I pray that you feel Christ this year coming into your life like no body's business! Love you, Alissa