Monday, July 09, 2007

Week in Review



This morning at 3:30, I got home from a week in Denver at the Barbershop Harmony Society International Competition. I can't even think about how to sum this week shortly. It was SUCH a blast!

I was apprehensive going into last week. I had a feeling that told me this would be my last trip to internationals. As the week went on, that feeling quickly left. I've made one decision this week - I will either have to marry a barbershopper or a very understanding man. I was talking to a man that I met from Nashville and we decided that this week is like summer camp for adults. Everywhere you looked, there were friends meeting up after not seeing each other for a year. There were things to do all week, pictures to be taken, songs/tags to sing, and people to meet. At the end of the week, email addresses and phone numbers were exchanged, hugs were given, people were exhausted and were saying "See ya next year!" I met some amazingly wonderful new people. I got OC Times new cd. I spent some time with good friends from home. I got to know a few people from HOT better than I did before this week. At one point, I got to go to the judge's box and talk to one of them that I know. When I turned around saw the thousands of people facing the stage, I was quite intimidated.

The chorus made top ten after years of hard work! They did a cowboy set. The man who arranged their ballad was a judge and he told them that they brought to life exactly what his mind had conceived when he wrote the piece. The uptune was wonderful and funny. We were so excited and had an afterglow in one of a member's suite. The chorus that won blew us all away. (They are on America's Got Talent so watch for Westminster Chorus tomorrow night on NBC!) The next night, there was an amazing quartet finals. The quartet that won was incredible! I didn't want them to win last year but this year, I was so excited for them. They were SO funny and AMAZINGLY talented. My favorite quartet came in second so that was also exciting!

What a great week! The perfect break that I needed with no worries or concerns about anything. I literally left everything here and just had a blast. There are so many new memories and friends. It was the most relaxing and fun week that I have had in a while.

No comments: