Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Easing the Pain

When you have lived somewhere for a certain amount of time, you grow attached to it. I have been in my apartment for two years and it has become my place of safety and comfort. As attached as I may have become to it, God has decided to help me be ready to leave it - in the form of renovations.

My complex started the updates a few months ago and they hit my building last week. They are putting in all new appliances, painting, pulling up the carpet for good "wood" linoleum, new sinks, and all new cabinetry. It will look SO great when all is said and done but for now, I am looking forward to the move. At the moment, my apartment reeks of flooring adhesive because they are laying the floor below me. However, my favorite part is my view when I drive up. Below is a picture of what the front of my building has looked like for the past week. The only words I can come up with are, "You might be a redneck if..."


1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

It's been nearly a week since I was there - I can't believe it's still sitting out in your yard... Now that's classy.