Saturday, July 14, 2007

Decision Made

This is exactly the same thing that I emailed out. If you got the email, then you can skip this one. Nothing different. :)

So what you are all waiting to hear. I received a VERY last minute call today from a principal in Katy offering me a first grade position at Wolfe Elementary. Pending approval from the board and release from my San Marcos contract, I will be moving to Katy in about two weeks. It is very fast and very sudden but I have no doubt that this is where God wants me to be. For the first time, I have no reservations about anything involving this position. There is no way that I should have been offered this position based upon my previous experience but they chose me. It is going to be very challenging to relearn a grade level so significantly different than I have experienced but I am looking forward to it. The school is off of I-10 and Hwy 6 (almost not Katy ISD). It is a Title One school and has a very diverse population that it serves. I am very excited to be in this setting. The team seems wonderful and I am incredibly impressed with the principal. I am looking forward to being closer to Erin and Gregg, catching backup with my best friend from college, attending Beth Moore on Tuesday nights, and starting to find a new church home. I am SO excited!

The next two weeks will be full of wrapping up work in San Marcos, packing, finding a place to live, and saying good bye to dear friends that have come to mean the world to me. While I am very excited about moving forward, I am dreading saying good bye to those I have grown to love so much. Most here don't even know that I have been interviewing so those will be very hard conversations to have. I have already mapped out when I can come back to visit and they fall about once a month. That is very encouraging! I just hope that follows through.

While some of you may have become frustrated with me during this time, I want to thank you for your patience and prayers. You have NO idea how much they have meant to me throughout this process. For someone who has a tendency to be indecisive (yes, I did hear some of you snicker), it has been overwhelming. I appreciate all of you so much.

No comments: