Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Shared Joy

I think I have found the one thing in the world that makes me happier than any other. I love to watch people be happy. People celebrating, falling in love, getting good news....it brings a smile to my face like very little else can.

A couple of weeks ago, I found myself in Denver cheering on some of my favorite men. When the scores and rankings were released, 10th in the world, there was so much excitement and joy! Years of hard work (especially this past year) that it couldn't be contained when all was said and done. The next night, we jumped to our feet in applause as winning quartets were announced. Even though I do not know these men, just watching them celebrate with each other and the complete joy on their faces made their elation contagious.

This past year, I watched a co-worker plan her wedding. As the time grew nearer, her adoration towards her fiance grew and her voice and face reflected her growing love for him. It was so heart warming! She could hardly wait to be his wife. It reminded me of Erin during her engagement. What I have loved about watching she and Gregg is that I see that same adoration grow the longer they are married. I caught it in a picture once. It is one of my favorite pictures of her. Isn't is sweet!






What in the world could be better than sharing in the abundant joy of someone else?

2 comments:

andrew said...

As pessimistic as I tend to be and as often as I tend to see the negative in situations, really do like to see people happy and emjoying themselves. Good one, Dana!

Jackie said...

What could be better?

nothing.