Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Closure: Day Two

Due to flooding, there were five districts closed yesterday in the Houston area. There were partial closures in several others. It was a nice treat. Everywhere else in the state was TAKS testing but not us! Apparently facebook is VERY popular with teachers on days off. :) It was SO nice. My apartment and car got lots of love. I got about three quarters of the way through The Atonement Child, watched Slumdog Millionaire, and cooked. It was a nice treat to get some things done that I didn't get to this weekend because of camping. I ended my day refreshed and ready to head back to work.

Nope!

Due to the high water in the reservoir, six Katy schools and one Cy-Fair school are remaining closed today. Guess who works in one of the six closed schools..... Can I just say, I'm so ready to go back to work. Let's get TAKS over, get back in our routine, and not have to make up any more bad weather days! They have said that they are concerned about run off into the reservoir making the waters rise. I do get that and appreciate their putting our safety at such a high value. However, I just checked trusty weather.com and the highest our rain chances get today is between 20 - 40% depending on which news website you use. Watch out!

So I've made a list of the things I planned on doing this Saturday and am going to knock those out. I'll finish The Atonement Child (which is VERY good, by the way!!). Then, my team is meeting up for lunch and we are going to knock some lesson plans out. Yes, we are over achievers like that!

Sidenote - My principal went up to check in the school yesterday and looked in on our chicks for us. They are in my teammate's room and needed food/water. All he said was that they stink to high heavens! That will NOT be a fun room to go back to!

I never thought I would choose to go back to work over a day off!

No comments: