Friday, December 26, 2008

Audiobooks

Well, I'm about to hop in the car and head west for Pleasanton. This is the second time in two weeks. Last week was Jenn's baby shower and tomorrow in Lin's wedding. So much to celebrate!

With time on the road, I have grown to really appreciate the beauty of audio books. I am a slow reader so this is the perfect way to get some "reading" done without having any distractions. I've recently read "Teaching Lolita in Tehran" and "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time". Both are very good and I would recommend them both to you. Today, I'm welcoming something with a little more depth. I'll be listening to "A Heart Like His: Intimate Reflections on the Life of David." I thought it would be appropriate because giants seem to be a running them in my mind the past three weeks. God is doing something here so I thought I would see how David handled a life so close to God's heart.

I hope everyone is enjoying this season of celebration, reflection, and anticipation. Love to you all!

1 comment:

jenn said...

I'm so glad that I have been able to see you lots in the past week!!!
Keep reading about David, how to deal with those giants and how God took to his heart...I can't wait to see the outcome of how God is continuing to work in your life, He's done amazing things thus far! love you lots!