Wednesday, December 10, 2008

SNOW IN HOUSTON!

Yes! About 20 minutes before dismissal, snow started falling at Wolfe Elementary! I'm not sure who was more excited - my six year olds or their teacher! We were ALL jumping around and crowding around the windows. We "bundled up" and went out in our Atrium to watch tiny flakes float down to cover our coats and hair. Nothing stuck to the ground but it didn't matter. REAL snowflakes were floating onto OUR school! And it was 72 degrees yesterday! What joy! Our resident teachers from the North thought we were all WAY over excited but when this is what you get every 5 - 10 years, you take it! So in honor of the snow, I actually left work right after the kids did, came home, plugged in the Christmas Tree, and am enjoying some hot chocolate (with the very rare treat of marshmallows). I'm even more excited that Erin posted a picture of my sweet niece during her first snow.

Happy Winter, everyone!

2 comments:

Hol said...

I had some hot cocoa with mini marshmallows too. Yum!

The Johnsons said...

Such fun! It was the perfect afternoon to curl up on the couch with my sleeping baby and a blanket! Then Christmas cards we had ordered came in the mail - it was a Chritmas miracle-filled day!