Monday, December 15, 2008

Is That Really Simple?

I got my January issue of my favorite magazine, REALSIMPLE, yesterday? Two things caught my eye immediately. First, the issue's feature article is entitled "Feel calmer now: 20 essential lists to organize your life" OK...if I had time to sit down and make 20 different lists, I don't think I would need them. If you can do that, you have time to get quite a bit done! I mean, I'm juggling a lot of balls already without throwing 20 extra lists into the air with them. The sad thing is that I will most likely read the article and then find time to write out each list and decide on its usefulness. I'm such a nerd!

The second things I noticed was the quote for the month. I love quotes! Every issue of this magazine has one on the spine. This months is really good. Here it is: Life comes in clusters, clusters of solitude, then a cluster when there is hardly time to breathe. - May Sarton. Can I just say - so true!

1 comment:

Darla said...

You are so right! I have been in a busy cluster and hopefully soon will be seeing my way out.

As far as the house goes in trying to get it organized I take pleasure in small accomplishments each morning before school. I do something each morning that will only take five to ten minutes and help me along the way....spray down the shower, unload the washer, clean out a drawer, wipe off the vanity after using it, unclutter the counter.....It isn't much but it helps me to feel like I am in control.

By the way, you continue to be in my thoughts and especially my prayers.