Saturday, December 13, 2008

Converge

As you can tell from the previous post, Erin and I attended Converge on Thursday night. CeCe Winnans and Travis Cottrell were there and Beth spoke. It was interesting because the lesson that was given was not about the birth but about advent - waiting in anticipation. She used Luke 1's story of Zechariah and Elizabeth. I spent the whole lesson feeling like I had a spiritual bull's eye on me. There may have been 6,000 people there but it landed all over me. I'm no going to go into all of it here because it is just one of those Mary things - you know, something treasured in my heart. Besides, I'm still trying to process it so that it really sticks. Instead, I'm just going to write down a few things I took down as special to me. You may think them everyday statements but they are bringing tears to my eyes even now. Hope they bless you in some way today!
  • God doesn't just show up. He prepares a way for Himself to come.
  • The answer to our prayer is issued upon the beginning of our saying it. We just don't get it right away.
  • Answer to our personal prayer is often wrapped up in the answer to a corporate prayer. There is often something bigger in play.
  • He will bless you with what you want or He will bless you with more than what you did not know to want.
  • Blessed are you when what comes naturally to others comes supernaturally to you. (This was the biggest one for me.)

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

I know I told you this when we left that evening, but I wish there was a way to share with you how honored I was to be sitting there with you. Not ever in my life have I heard God speak a message to one person so directly, lovingly, and personally. I love you.