Monday, December 22, 2008

Oh, Mama!

Tonight I called Mom to tell her something pretty random that I was momentarily excited about. After we got off the phone, I thought, "What is Mom going to do when I start dating someone?" She'll probably be a hair relieved to not get four calls a day (sadly this is one of the few days that I'm not exaggerating) about everything from doctor's appointments to the price of medicine to baking questions. She'll still get calls, of course, but some brave soul somewhere will be inheriting an endless stream of over excitement over tiny things.

Everyone start praying for the man now!

5 comments:

Darla said...

Honey, I am!
Your next!

Mindi Tipps said...

He'll be one lucky guy!

Hol said...

Don't you worry. We've got the prayers covered. ;)

Dana, I still have those moments where my excitement over little things spills over. (I don't think we ever lose that, it's part of who we are.) Like when I start to tell Josh something, and the tone of my voice raises in excitement. He gets a little chuckle out of emulating me. Sometimes it annoys me, but other times it's a little reminder how silly/cute Josh thinks it is when I do it.

Amy said...

I love your calls, but will be willing to give up a few if there's someone else you have standing by to listen!! Prayerfully, soon!!

*Lin* said...

OH hunny... i do hope you dont really think those calls will be decreasing... if anything, they'll be double! :) all I can say is to go with some sort of free family phone plan...