Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Monica Moment?

I've been thinking about Erin and the baby a lot lately. I'm SO excited that I just CAN'T stand it! I'm so excited that I literally can't contain it. At the same time, it is more than just excited. It's something else that I can't even put words on. A few weeks ago I said something about Elizabeth being my baby and, of course, Erin attempted to correct me but she really is my baby. You may think that I'm joking but I'm not. I started crying on the phone with Erin the other day. Just this morning while I was blow drying by hair, I was thinking about her coming and just getting to hold her . I just started crying. I'm crying now writing this. I keep wondering if I'll start crying when I finally meet her or if I'll just be so excited that my face hurts from grinning. If things keep going like they have been, I'll look like Monica from this episode of Friends: itching to get her hands on the baby and just crying in joy. The main difference? This aunt won't always have gum (sorry little one!).

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Being an aunt is wonderful! My sister's kids are 6 and 3. When my nephew was a baby I said something about him being my baby too. I think my sister tried to correct me. I'm so excited for ALL of you!

jenn said...

She will be yours! and you may cry the first time you hold her and you may smile too (together) Watching this clip I can remember that each time I held each nephew or niece there were so many emotions flooding through my head and my heart! You soon will feel ALL of that too!!! being an aunt is such an amazing feeling!! I'm excited for you all and will be praying for Liz and all those awaiting her arrival as that time is nearing!

Mindi Tipps said...

Cute post! I'm so excited that you are at the hospital right now with Erin as I type this! Can't wait to meet Liz and get an update...soon! You'll be a great and fun Aunt!