Thursday, June 19, 2008

Reflections

This is something that I have been thinking about for a while now. I've spent quite a bit of time thinking about friends and friendships. I've considered those that I have had in the past and those that I yearn for in the future. I think about my inability to keep up with those that live far away and what that could mean if I don't maintain communication better.

Throughout all of this, I've noticed how life has led us all down different paths. Job changes, relationship changes, location changes, attitude/personality changes... I've been humbled by some and surprised by others. I look back on what I thought life would look like down the road and now I am amazing by how wrong I have been. The roads that life has brought us all down have curved, straightened, risen, and fallen. Who knew?

But I know the one who knew. I can look back at a crossroads and see where He started forking the roads for us all. Some happened gradually over time and others so suddenly. Only in hindsight can I see His hand. I'm thankful for the review mirror that shows me the works that I missed.

I'm not sad about this. I'm amazed that after all of the planning or visions built up, life has led so many different ways. And even through it all, we find ourselves bound to each other.

2 comments:

Alissa said...

I'm so glad for the friendship that God has molded for us. I know we don't talk or see each other as often as we want to, but I also know that God has sealed our relationship with His love and we don't need an everyday kind of thing. It would still be good to talk more than once every couple of months though, huh...so call me already!! lol

*Lin* said...

i luv u :) i'm sorry i'm so awful at keeping in touch... but i know you luv me too :)