Sunday, November 18, 2007

You've Got Mail

Today, I checked my mail and found an actual letter in the box! That's right - handwritten, stationary, well wishes sealed and stamped just for me. A lady from West Houston wrote to tell me that she was glad I have placed membership at the church. She is 86 years old, only leaves the house to go to the doctor, and she took the time to write a whole page to me. It made my day! I smiled like a Cheshire Cat all the way back to the apartment.

I believe that writing letters is a lost art form. Someone sitting down and taking the time to share themselves with us. Carefully chosen words, beautiful stationary, neat handwriting. If a page from a lady I have yet to meet can make me feel so good, wouldn't a few lines from those we care about contain that much more joy? How nice to find something worth while in the mail!

No comments: