Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Queen Esther

*Erin, great minds think alike! Here's to a wonderful semester of chiastic structure and reversals of destiny! Thank you for taking me along with you!

Tonight is the first Tuesday night in several months I have spent at home. Last week was our last week in Esther with Beth and the Living Proof sisters. I am sad. I LOVED spending my Tuesday nights in DEEP study of the scripture. Not only that but I was surrounded by women who praised God with all of their might. Women lifting up His name is by far the most beautiful thing that I have seen. In the midst of praise and worship, I caught myself staring at the outpouring of praise that surrounded me weekly. It was breathtaking! I can only imagine how God himself felt.

Last spring when the Austin group finished Daniel, I really hated to see it end. After delving into a life so touched by God, I grew very attached. Since then, I have found myself flipping to various passages from Daniel just because I actually missed the book and all I learned there. It is now one of those spots that my bible just falls open to. I miss this man of God. I did not think that I would experience that attachment again with another book. However, much to my surprise, tonight I find myself missing Esther. She has come to represent trust and assurance in our great God. Through this book, I have seen God's faithful hand all over every decision and step I have taken thus far. I know that it is that same hand that will guide all steps to come.

Until I am able to be back with Beth, I am revisiting some old friends - the Patriarchs. I have loved these men who God so specifically worked through - flaws and all - for years. I am looking forward to revisiting these men and seeing what I can learn about our God through them. Here's to old friends, new understandings, and a rapid coming of January 8th!

No comments: