Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Grade

I was looking over my blog and I noticed something: I haven't written about work in quite a while! What a nice surprise! How wonderful to have other thoughts and activities going on so that I'm not 100% defined by the job. However, I am going to dedicate this post to first grade.

When I accepted the position, I wasn't sure how I would like first grade. I have always heard that you either love it or hate it. I was anticipating not liking it at all only to be pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoy the little ones! Sure, there are rough days and even rougher students but they pale in comparison to the good stuff.

So....without further ado: Reasons I like first grade:
  • We get to sing multiple times daily.
  • We get to celebrate holidays and other significant events.
  • The students are excited about learning and soak it up!
  • Amazing academic growth!
  • Learning all 70 phonograms and the cute movements/sayings that help us remember them. (I'll be happy to demonstrate - just ask)
  • LOTS of hugs and holding hands!
  • Losing teeth (especially when my sweet girl lost her two front silver teeth so her smile is even more beautiful now!)
  • They look hilarious when they run.
  • Two of my boys look like they belong in the Peanuts gang.
  • We play games.
  • Crafts!
  • They really do say the funniest things!
  • NO TAKS TEST!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm reading this post the morning after your awful day with ***, so it makes me glad that the majority of your days are better! They are lucky to have you and your enthusiasm; that sets the tone.
I love you - Mom