Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Calming Rumble

On Tuesday nights, I am attending a women's bible study that is studying Esther. Beth Moore is the teacher and even though we are only two weeks in, I have been so blessed by it! Last night, I stood with 4,000 women and sang "Held". Chills.....

I was very excited to hear she was working through Esther this semester mainly because I wasn't ready to finish Daniel last spring. Thankfully, Esther is close to that same time so I feel like this is a woman focused part two. Another reason that I'm excited about this study is because one of my favorite verses/scenes in the Bible comes from Esther. At the end of 4:15, Mordecai looks at Esther and basically says, "Look, God is going to do this with you or without you. But stop and look at where life has brought you!" Then he says the most daunting and uplifting words available. "How do you know that you have not been given a royal position for such a time as this?"

For such a time as this.... These words encourage me and haunt me to my core. Talk about humility! We spent a long time talking about how our past and current situations cannot be separated from our future destiny. How no hiding or running away can change every step God has led you to take. I won't say much more for Erin's sake.

I have noticed that there is something very different about this move to Houston. I told Mom that something feels very temporary about this year. I'm not sure if it is personal, professional, spiritual, or geographical. Something is not quite settled with me. There is a quiet rumble deep within. The odd thing about it is that I am really OK with it. I feel like there is something on the horizon and I have been placed here for such a time as this. Now I just need to turn my eyes to the one who directs my steps.

1 comment:

Darla said...

Wise words!

It has taken me into my fifties to realize that my life here is only temporary. And it is up to me to deal with it as He has instructed...one day at a time.

Remembering who we are and whose we are....a reflection of our Father.