Saturday, September 15, 2007

Adult Moments

I think that there are many moments over the past few years that I can look at and see myself becoming an adult. Some are not so great (like looking at your budget some months) and others are such fun (like taking big trips you have been saving for and planing over time). This week, I turned couple more pages of realization of adulthood.

We are currently interviewing candidates for a new 1st grade position. When did I become old enough and responsible enough to decide someone's professional future!? I've never done that before! It has been an interesting process to sit through.

Of the two pages I've turned, the biggest for me to wrap my mind around is that I am now officially saving for retirement! I sat down with a financial advisor yesterday and started planning for my future. How crazy is that!? All I kept thinking was "I'm actually about to start investing money. This is a big deal!" I know that retirement is a long way off but I would rather be ready for it the smart way rather than play catch up later. Starting early is a great thing!

It's funny how even though I don't feel like an adult most days, I find myself doing grown up things. From what I hear, that is all that life is - never feeling like an adult but making responsible choices. I guess we all just baby stepping our way into our adult selves. I can handle that!

No comments: