Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Lemonade at the End of the Day

As I sat down tonight, I was planning on writing about the annoyances of Wal-Mart the day before Valentine's Day. Then, I breathed...

Having Mom's surgery over and her home, I feel so much lighter! I know this wasn't my burden to carry but it was not fun to watch. Tonight, I turned on iTunes to work to and got SO wrapped up in the music. I still can't sing along with it yet but I discovered that I could do my version of dancing and have a blast! Gwen Stefani, Semisonic, Ok Go, Beyonce, and Regina Spektor (among others) came out to play with me. Erin would be so proud!

Tonight, I feel like the lemons from the past weeks have turned to lemonade. I know that work is still there and not getting any better but tonight, I am relaxed and dancing around the apartment. If this is what one weight lifted feels like, I am REALLY looking forward to next Tuesday night after Writing TAKS! I can't wait!

1 comment:

jenn said...

you have such a cool way of turning situations around! i'm glad you had fun last night, it's neat to feel that comfortable in your own skin to be able to let loose and have a good time, all by yourself!
love you:)