Monday, February 12, 2007

Delayed Reaction Girl Strikes Again!

Most people get nicknames from those that love them. I have one or two from Dad but overall, I go by my own name. However, I have adopted a nickname for myself..."Delayed Reaction Girl". Basically, that is who I am and what I do. Take care of what and who needs it at the time. I'll be the "strong one" for now. It's not a conscious thing that I do but it never fails. Once everything is said and done, I fall apart.

Last night, when we had to say good night to Mom, it took everything I had not to lose it right then and there. Up until then, I had pretty much been fine. I pretty much held it together out to the car, to the restaurant, and through dinner. The ride home was a whole different story though. God was in control of the car because I was crying so hard I was having a hard time seeing. Jenn got a sobbing phone call as I drove up I10.

Then, this morning, I was fine until someone at work asked me about how Mom was. Without any warning, I broke down again. It wasn't until I got Dad's message about how much better she was doing and actually talking to her that I fully settled down.

What is the deal!? Surgery was over and she was doing so well. I will concede that yesterday was NOT a fun day for her but she really was better!

I am such a freak!

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

No, I think that is awesome! No one can go though life without feeling emotion. It is wonderful to have those people who can hold off the flow until the crisis is over and they are able to vent it safely. Lots of people can't do that and end up hurting someone else or themselves through the torrent of emotions. Those people need people like you to keep them under control.

jenn said...

i am so NOT in control of my emotions, EVER! it's good that you can control them until you can take care of them in an approppriate manner! I'm so glad that i received your call the other night, friends are defined to be that way. you're happy i'm here to laugh with you, you're sucessful then congratulations and a party are in order, you're sad i'll bring the tissues or atleast my shoulder! there are so many moments that the rolls are swapped! thank you for always being there for me and for trusting in your friends to be there for you! I love you and appreciate you so much more than i could ever show or express!