Tuesday, November 28, 2006

'Tis the Season

For some reason, this year I am really in the Christmas spirit. Not the monetary stuff but just the beauty and comfort that comes from this time of year. I know that some are not into the holiday as much as I am but that is just fine. To each his own. The distraction and festivities slow me down and make me reprioritize by ever increasing workaholic state. It calms me down.

I put my tree up on Sunday night while The Polar Express played in the background. I REALLY like my tree. I love to plug it in, turn on some Christmas music (or movie), and sit on the couch under a blanket with hot chocolate. The only thing that could make it better would be no work and real Christmas weather. Well, come tomorrow evening, I will have the cold weather too. I cannot wait!

Hope you are enjoying the season too!



4 comments:

Amy said...

Beautiful tree - I'm glad you are in the spirit - I'll pay you $50.00 to come do mine!! Somehow, the not being here Christmas and you girls' being grown and away just takes the fun out of it for me. I'm glad it brought you pleasure....

The Johnsons said...

What a beautiful tree! Glad you are in the holiday spirit! Love you...

Jeff said...

Awwww...your tree is so little and cute! I love Christmas, too! If only everyone in my household felt the same way. We are SOOO getting together soon for some hot chocolate and "It's a Wonderful Life"! I'm glad I have someone else to share this glorious holiday season with!

Crystal said...

YAY!! I love your tree and I can't wait for the cold weather, too! I'm hoping for a snow day!