Thursday, November 09, 2006

On the Lighter Side

I don't like having my last blog be a sad one so I've been sitting here trying to come up with something to write as a replacement. So far, all yucky ideas. Instead, I thought I would share some quotes frome one of my favorite authors, Mitch Albom. I quoted from his newest book a couple of posts ago but here are some from his other two books that I love. Enjoy!

Tuesdays with Morrie

  • The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
  • Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you’re in the dark.
  • Love wins. Love always wins.
The Five People You Meet in Heaven

  • Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from the inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves.
  • Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.
  • Strangers are just family you have yet to come to know.
  • But all endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.

No comments: