Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Of Course.....

A few months ago, I posted about a town hall meeting in regards to the future of our school. It was looking scary for us because we LOVE our school but others had the idea in their heads that we were not worth keeping around. In the ende, we felt encouraged because there was talk about rebuilding our campus. A steering committee was formed and the talks began. As the year has gone on, it has become apparent that the "powers that be" have made up their minds about how they want things to play out and don't have much (if any) concern about teacher or community input. There has been a lot of political stuff and talking out of both sides of their mouths going on. It has been disheartening to say the least.

A co-worker is on the committee and they had a meeting last night. All of our fears are pretty much coming true. It looks like my campus has about two years left before our kids are re-zoned and we close down to make way for an IB school (for students smarter than gifted and talented). Absolutely NOT the kind of school I want to work in. So it looks like I'll be on the job search again in about two or three years. I find it kind of funny because I remember telling people that I thought God had me on a five year plan in Houston. Pretty close with four! I'm not saying I'll leave the city but, honestly, it wouldn't break my heart. It has been a huge blessing in many ways but I'm just not digging it for the long term. I'm not worried about it but significantly more disappointed. I LOVE my school, staff, kids, etc. Now it looks like it will be coming to an end. So we will see......

1 comment:

Jackie said...

just think if you get closer here . . . . we could do a Beth Moore study!! ha!