Saturday, May 02, 2009

Your Two Cents

I had this thought pop in my head during a women's breakfast this morning. We were discussing prayer and then went into time on our own. Weigh in and let me know what you think:

Debt is another form of gluttony that we as Americans have bought into. Wanting too much and not being content with what we have, we spend too much and throw ourselves further into a hole we struggle to get out of. We wallow in our stuff and drown in our interest rates while bemoaning our choices, only to addictively do it again and again. And our gluttony is killing not only our present but our futures as well - tying our hands of the good God would have us do if we weren't too busy crawling out of our pits. Thank God that He allows us a way out! For all the good I want to do, it is time to break that chain. Time to be a good steward. Time to live the way He has called me to. Time to stop being a glutton!

1 comment:

Amy said...

During the time I was racking up charges and debt, I now realize I was doing it to fill up a hole in my spirit and keep up with a friend. It feels so good to have learned those lessons and worked my way through -

sometimes, these lessons are the hardest to learn!!