Sunday, May 10, 2009

Rising Up to Call Her Blessed

Happy Mother's Day all you hard working, ever loving, gracious women! This morning I woke up in my very comfortable bed and I had a bit of longing to be waking up with my mom. That is alright though. In two weeks, we will see each other again and there will be lots of hugs. While there are many women that are due great honor today, there are four that I would like to focus on right now.

Mom - I cannot begin to count the blessings that you bestowed upon me in the past 29 years. In the past few, I've been so thankful for your strength and stability. You have been my sounding board and shoulder to cry on more than either of us would have liked you to have been. You have laughed with me and counseled me on all manner of things. You have made yourself available to phone calls about nothing more times than either of us can count. You have supported me even when things have not quite gone according to plan. But even more, you have prayed for me and over me. This in itself has me humbled before the Lord in daily thanksgiving. You are my blessing for life! For all of these things, I am thankful beyond words! I love you!

Erin - Happy Yo Mama's Day! Watching you become a mom has been more fun than falling in love with your new daughter! The love you have for her makes you radiate more beauty every day! You take everything in stride and are as real as they come! I'm so thankful to be able to learn good mom skills from you! Your heart is growing by the day and everyone around you are blessed by it. Liz is blessed to have you as her mama!

To my future mother-in -law - For the man that you have raised him to be, I thank you! Though I have no idea who you are, I want you to know that you and your son have been prayed over by many. I hope that you are being honored today.

Dana - No, not me. :) I have a co-worker who announced a week and a half ago that she is pregnant. As exciting as this is, she is deeply on my heart. She lost her first baby at eight months and had to deliver him stillborn. This little, growing life is an answer to prayers! I'm praying for peace and a healthy, well developed little one for her. I'm praying her sorrows are being turned to joy. She has blessed my life and I pray that this baby blesses hers!

So all you mamas out there, I hope today has been a good one for you! You are highly esteemed and worthy of some pampering!! Blessings!

No comments: