Thursday, May 21, 2009

A Money Rant

I am blessed to have met some amazing people in the past few months! Many of them are spending parts (or all) of their summer working in foreign mission fields. As we all know, this is not cheap and fund raising is a part of the experience. I've received several emails, notes, and letters asking for help in prayer and in giving.

Now, a few weeks ago, I took the car in and girl is in need of some serious love. I have been given a list of things to do and an estimate for what to expect the cost to be. It is do-able but is going to require some serious self discipline and good stewardship.

So how are these two things related? I would LOVE to give to my friends going abroad to serve those needing the Lord. However, my hands feel pretty tied right now. Is it lack of faith that if I give, my financial needs won't be met? Is it showing good stewardship to just stick with my budget?

Oh, money, how you frustrate me......

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Money frustrates me too. I'd rather not talk about it, look at or spend it. :)