Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where to Next?

Late this afternoon, I attended a meeting for an opportunity to apply for a grant. "Big whoop," you say however...This is an opportunity through an organization called Funds for Teachers. This group reviews grants to send teachers on trips over the summer to any destination. The only obligation is that the trip must have a learning link to our objectives. Seriously - anywhere. Examples today included Sydney, Antarctica, Mexico, Italy, New York, Portland, New Mexico, etc, etc, etc. So now I begin the process of writing my very first grant. I have a couple of ideas (San Diego, Egypt, Spain, Machu Pichu) but I have to tie it to the curriculum. Seeing how I have the whole world as an option I am suddenly drawing a blank. So I just have one question.....

Where should I apply go?

5 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

Oh wow! I'll have to think about that one. What a COOL oportunity. I'd pick somewhere I'd probably never go to otherwise and yet something reasonable so they'll accept your grant. Egypt would be a good one...

*Lin* said...

i say you should go to.... YES!!!!! :D HOW fun...

Jackie said...

DUH!!! Spain!

The Johnsons said...

I'm with Lin - YES!

CJay said...

Swaziland? :-)