Thursday, November 06, 2008

Between This Week and the Next

So the big story of the week in my neck of the woods in the battle for my voice. Monday night it decided to check out for the rest of the week. Yep, it's gone. To make matters worse, I have a job that greatly requires words. Spoken, meaningful, clear words. I am thankful that I have such a good group of students because they have been helpful and sweet. They are afraid of hurting me so they have been very obedient and quiet. They have also suddenly become medical experts on how to heal my vocal cords. It's pretty funny! I'm getting desperate but I know I'll get it back soon (hopefully)!

So after a VERY frustrating, concerning week (Elizabeth in the hospital, the election, not having a voice, etc....), I am gearing up for the weekend. Our Friday is an early dismissal day so I'm hoping to bust a LOT out before going home at our usual time Then on Saturday, I am attending a training for Ministry Teams through a local church. I'm WAY excited about that. Then that evening is a come and go dessert dinner for some dear friends. On Sunday is a day I have come to not look forward to. The friends who are being honored with the dessert dinner will be saying good bye to us on Sunday night. My dear, dear friends, the Sheasby family, are leaving Houston on Monday to begin a final month in the US with extended family before moving back to Africa to open orphanages and schools. It is an exciting time but I am selfishly dreading losing such constant contact with a family I have come to love and adore.

So prayers over the next few days are appreciated: for growth and enlightenment during the training and strength in the good bye. It's going to be a weekend of highs and lows. Definitely a weekend to remember.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

None of this sounds fun, between being sick and a dear friend leaving. I will be talking to God! :)