Tuesday, November 18, 2008

THAT"S Your Connection!?

So I'm working in a guided reading group today with a little boy who is STRUGGLING! We are reading a book called The Pup and the Cat. After reading through it, I'm checking his comprehension and this is where I am going to pick up for you:

Me: What was the pup riding in?
S: Writing? Like (mimes someone writing a letter)
Me: No riding. Like r-i-d-i-ng (stretching out each sound)
S: OH! Like "Yippy-ki-oh-ki-ay"?
Me: (trying not to lose it in laughter) yes.

Really!? That is the connection he made? Not riding in a car or on a bike but yippy-ki-oh-ki-ay (like a cowboy). Can you tell we're from Texas? Little boy completely made my day! :)

3 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

Great story! I miss teaching so much but I enjoy seeing it through your eyes and my other teacher friends!

Hope you are having a great week!

jenn said...

hee hee, aren't they so cute and totally funny sometimes!!!!

Jackie said...

sounds like the guy is gt to me.