Saturday, November 15, 2008

Expelled


I am having a Sheasby kind of weekend. This morning I am sipping on hot tea and thinking about Stephen because he drinks hot tea every night. Then, last night I watched a movie that we have been talking about for months. They would have loved it and I think you might too.

A while back, Ben Stein came out with his documentary Expelled. I finally got around to watching it last night while I put together guided readers (wild Friday night .... I know). It is investigating the scientific/academic world's reaction to those who believe in intelligent design. Basically, Darwinism vs. intelligent design. You may think that it sounds incredibly dull but it was SO interesting! I was amazed at some of the things that some of the scientific men were saying. Blew me away! Honestly, I don't think I have ever actually heard anyone blaspheme God but as I watched the show, I found myself in complete fear for these men's souls. Many said some VERY bold comments and one just truly shocked me. We know that God can hear all things but to say such arrogant, atheistic things for the whole world to hear (and with complete pride and self assurance) made me fear for them. These things are recorded forever and can be linked back to them throughout there lives and continuing on even after they pass. Part of me wants to share what they said here but I can't bring myself to say them let along type them. The semi-vindicating moment was at the end when the biggest proponent for Darwinism of our time completely contradicted himself.

The movie made some really good points and made me aware of some the possible affects that could come to be if intelligent design is further pushed under the rug. It is very well done and I think you will be very impressed if you have the chance to see it. It is in Red Box right now and I'm sure video stores will have it too. If you are interested, here is the website.

If you just want to see more about the movie without reading, here is the trailer.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Matt actually sent the whole WHCC staff to see Expelled in the theater this spring. The things people had to say were very interesting, eye opening, and shocking to say the least.