Friday, November 07, 2008

I'm a Moron!

In my last post, I mentioned that I haven't had a voice all week. This morning, as I got ready for work, I figured out why. I have random bouts of vertigo and it is linked to inner ear congestion. I know - TMI. Anyway...it has hit pretty hard over the past few weeks so on Saturday, I decided to get some Zyrtec to try to dry things up and clear things out. I started taking it on Saturday night. By Monday night, my voice was all but gone. From Tuesday until today, I've been at a whisper. However, I wasn't spinning and I didn't have that lovely "about to fall out of your chair" feeling. Frustrating for work but worth it for being steady. As I got ready to take my daily Zyrtec this morning, it hit me. If Zyrtec is used to dry up and break down your congestion, couldn't it also be dehydrating and drying out my vocal cords? DUH, Dana! To try it out, I didn't take one today. The dizziness is back a bit but so is the voice. Not 100% back but working on it quickly. Now the focus it to stay hydrated and stay away from any caffeine (thanks barbershop crowd for teaching me that important rule). So in a nutshell, I had no voice this week and I did it to myself.

What a moron!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

yes but you DID learn from it!!! lol. glad to hear your voice is back!!!!