Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Desired Quality

A few weeks ago, I was visiting with a new friend about different bible studies, conferences, and speakers we have both experienced. She was talking about how she loves all of these things but her husband is less drawn to those things. She said she was fine with that because he was her plumbline - the one she can depend on to hold things up to as truth (as referenced in Amos 7). As she talked about that, all I could think was how sweet that was and how much I would like that one day.

You see, I am more open to listening to people and seeing what they believe. I am a very curious person and am willing to hear people out to see what they think/believe. I am grounded enough to know when a truth is spoken and when something doesn't sit well with me. However, something that I would one day like very much is someone that I can call my plumbline. I know that is the Word of God but follow me here. I would love to be with someone who encouraged me to grow and study in faith, seek a closer relationship with God, and study with me. To be able to talk about what I am learning would be SUCH a blessing. To have someone who would listen to what I'm a little unclear on but is grounded in scripture to patiently sit down and open-mindly seek truth. To discuss and study together. To listen and learn from as a partnership. To be that spiritual leader. I'm not looking for a theologian, just a student of God Himself.

I have no doubt that God will provide that for me (despite the extreme emotional ups and downs of this time of preparation by God). I await in excited anticipation of the plumbline God is preparing for me and, I pray, that He is preparing me to be!

No comments: