Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Beauty of it All

It seems that, for whatever reason, the past three or four weeks have really piled up on me. My plate has just been heaped upon and not with fun stuff like desserts. It has been filled to the brim of physical pain, illness, disappointments, and a move. It has been hard and exhausting. Yet, in the midst of it all, I saw the gift in it today at bible study.

There is NOTHING more moving and freeing than being prayed over by godly women. The prayers of spirit-filled, bold, loving sisters is one of the most beautiful gifts God has given us in this life. Women who will cry with you, laugh with you, lay hands on you, and just genuinely love you are a blessing like no other out there. That is the gift I received today. During a lengthy prayer time for all of us, a sweet sister whom I have grown to dearly love prayed over me. We all cried together and a few women put their arms and hands on me for comfort. The peace and love that flooded me was overwhelming. After the prayer, I talked to a woman whose story is mine. She has gone through the EXACT same thing that I have and she was SO encouraging. What hope!!

These women are a huge reason for a decision that I have recently made. I have decided to stay as West Houston instead of seeking a church home elsewhere. How in the world could I be anything other than thrilled with the future knowing that these women are in it with me? What a blessing to have such sisters in Christ!

3 comments:

Mindi Tipps said...

There is nothing like a bond between Chirstian sisters! I am so glad you have an amazing group of women to lean on. You're so blessed!

Darla said...

Yes, you are blessed. Friends help you feel complete.

jenn said...

well, there's your silver lining, your rey of hope in the midst of trials. I'm glad you are so blessed to have these wonderful women in your family and that you were such a part in that blessing tonight!