Wednesday, July 09, 2008

After the Fire Came a Gentle Whisper

I am amazed at the way that the Lord works and how He speaks to us. So many people experience it so many different ways. I am in awe! A friend and I were discussing it last night. I told her that the way that I often hear Him is in constant reminders throughout my day - a person repeatedly comes to mind, a verse is called to mind at random moments, or a specific song is played each time I turn on my radio. The other way is when reading familiar scriptures and a text takes on a sudden new meaning that I have missed in the first 28 years of my reading. It blows me away!

The thing about seeing God's work is that, for me, it is never enough. Lately I have been praying for open spiritual eyes and ears all around me - especially when studying. God has been good and has blessed me immensely. He has been faithful to reveal Himself as all knowing on a very personal level not only about me present but about my past and my future. He is teaching me what it means to approach His throne of grace with CONFIDENCE and to anticipate Him in exciting ways. He has also been revealing truths to me about who I am what I need. I have been presented with challenges about prayer and knowing scripture that I look forward to working to meet. I know He'll meet me there.

It has been a good two weeks!

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

I always enjoy reading your blog. Not only do I get to see what you are up to but you challenge me as well in my own relationship with God! So glad it's been a good few weeks!