Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Seriously!?

So Sean had us doing three member relays today. We did 25 minutes straight. For those of you who think, "Oh, that is nice, you can rest while your other two teammates run their legs of the course", I would like to welcome you to the land of the delusional. I was there for a few minutes this afternoon but by my second stretch, I was snapped right back into reality. It was TOUGH! We all made it and no one died but we were all hurting!

So I am NOT cute or pretty when I run. I sweat and turn beet red. During our strides, we all noticed a video camera. Insert deep sigh here. On one hand, I am thankful I will get to see my form. That will be helpful. Until.....

Around minute 18 of the relays, Sean decides to make the announcement that the video will be used at our nutrition seminar tomorrow as well as put on the front page of the website. Seriously!? Did he really think that in the midst of feeling our legs slowly turn against us that THIS would be the best time to tell us that the whole world will be able to see our red faces, wobbly legs, and hard breathing. On top of that, I will be able to watch how many people lap me each stretch. Oh the joy! I'm just trying to catch a breath, a drink, and a quick stretch before Jill comes up to the line. Now all I can think about is the stinking camera!

The bright side? At the time of this post, the video is on the website but not working. :)

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Oh no, Dana. I can imagine how horrifying that must be! If it makes you feel any better- no one looks good when they run!