Sunday, May 04, 2008

Labor of Love

Over the past three days, I have had the chance to show off my kids. Oh how I wish I could show you their sweet faces! They are by far the cutest group of first graders you will ever see. On Saturday night, I was talking about them and sharing a few pictures when I just felt my heart swelling. Then this afternoon, I was sharing them again. I have come to realized just how much I have grown to love them. They really are my babies and I am so thankful for them every day. Even on the days that they make me want to pull my hair out!

On the drive over I had "A-ha!" moment after "A-ha!" moment. What is basically came down to is that I have SO many that need love and acceptance right where they are. Unfortunately, I have had distractions this year than have kept me from giving some of them the time and attention they need. It is so heartbreaking to realize all of the opportunities I have missed. Sometimes I put the needs of the one over the needs of the many.

I prayed about a LOT of different things on the way home. It was very humbling. I found myself coming back to specific children. Here is my revised prayer for the remaining 19 days: That God provide the time and opportunities to love on the ones I have overlooked. That I have open eyes to see when those moments arise and the wisdom to use them the way they need to be. Over all of this, to pour out the love that these kids need and that I, in my limited humanity, don't have enough of. I know that I can't be everything to everyone. I'm not trying to be that. I just want them to experience what I felt for them on Saturday night and this afternoon.

Here is to four more weeks of expecting miracles!

1 comment:

Darla said...

What a wonderful prayer for the final four.
And with these next four weeks coming, we need a prayer like that. The time will pass quickly and then it will be over for awhile and then begin again.

Have a good month!