Thursday, May 15, 2008

Changes

Change is such a funny thing. It makes us do and feel things that can be so out of character. For me, change has never been that easy for me. It isn't debilitating but it can be a struggle sometimes - especially when I am exhausted. It is May and for me, it is a time of HUGE change both professionally and personally. I am getting ready to send 17 lives out there to someone else in hope that they will love them like I do. Saying goodbye to co-workers moving on. Relationships changing as life moves on - friends, family, even within myself.

That's the thing about life - nothing is ever the same. The great unknown is a scary place to me but God is patiently teaching me that He is faithful is whatever lies ahead. Sometimes, I wish I could just stop things just as they are and stay in a moment. However, life isn't like that. So I'm getting ready to brace myself against the Rock as I get ready to go back into this scary place called the unknown. He has been faithful is leading my steps so I KNOW that He will lead me on.

1 comment:

Mindi Tipps said...

Change IS scary! I agree. I will pray for you as you take those steps into the scary unknown! Your students were lucky to have you, Dana!