Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mine's the Best!

I know that this is a little bit late but I think she will understand. I've been thinking about this for about 5 days and I wanted to make sure that I honored my mom for the very best of all things. So, without further ado (because it's late already), here are some of the things I love and appreciate the most about my mother:


  1. My mom prays for me all the time - even in the watches of the night. How do I know? Not only has she told me but God answers those prayers readily.

  2. My mom often has more faith in the goodness ahead of me than I do. As optimistic as I usually am, reality often gets in the way. At those times, Mom can restore my hope with hers.

  3. Mom can rub feet/ankles better than anyone else. I'm not talking a message but just rhythmic rubbing. I have gone to visit just for that sole purpose more than once. (Pun not intended.)

  4. The only thing better than Mom rubbing my feet is Mom rubbing my eyebrows. I don't know where she learned this but it is pure genius. Absolute relaxation!

  5. Mom is an AMAZING listener! Even if she has heard me say something eight times, she will listen again for the ninth.

  6. Mom taught me to love books. I remember being little and watching her read. I remember books by her bed and scattered throughout the house. I remember trips to the book store and the library. This was one of the top five greatest gifts of all time.

  7. Mom is hilarious when she laughs. I'm not talking a chuckle but a laugh that comes from your toes. When she gets tickled, it is contagious.

  8. Mom knows me. Her knowledge of me does not stop at knowing about me. She knows who I really am. She knows what makes me tick. She knows my likes and dislikes, my joys and pains. She knows my weaknesses and my strengths.

  9. My mom taught me about Jesus. There is no greater gift than this.

So two days late, Happy Mother's Day, Mom! You are greatly loved!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am humbled beyond words. My greatest hope is that, in the not too distant future, you will have such things said by your child. There is no better gift.

Love you the blue-est!