Friday, May 18, 2007

Goosebumps

I think that it is really interesting the things that people are bothered or creeped out by. Frogs, bugs, feet, etc etc etc. Today I realized what mine are. I only have two but they are pretty strange. I will admit that:
  1. I really don't like very big statues of people. Think Statue of Liberty (NYC -151 feet or 305 feet if you include the base), Christ Redeemer (Rio de Janeiro - 125 feet), Sam Houston (Huntsville - 69 feet)... People are not supposed to be that big! God did not intend us to be more than a few feet tall. Your nose should not be the size of a large infant! While the site of the Statue of Liberty was very cool, it was also incredibly creepy. I didn't actually spend much time looking at her. The thought of someone's eye being the same height that I am is not impressive - it is wrong!
  2. Octopuses are not interesting - they are gross! Did you know that they can "pour" themselves into a bottle through a hole in the lid the size of a quarter? They can change their color and texture in the blink of an eye. They can be as small as your thumb or as big as 20 feet long. Every sucker on their tentacles can taste everything they touch. They can learn things (like opening jars) just by watching others almost like the Borg (that's right Dad - I made an educated Star Trek reference). This is not fascinating, it is disturbing! There is a reason that it is depicted as a sea monster in so many bad horror movies!

What weird things disturb you?

3 comments:

Darla said...

Those nasty tomato worms-have you seen them? They can devour a huge plant in just a few minutes. The only way I know to keep them off of my plants is to get out early in the cool of the morning and pull them off of the undersides of the leaves. They are huge green worms and they are squishy and gross! I hate them. I can hardly bring myself to pull them off of the leaves but I do to save my plants.

This from a person who one day at school while talking on the phone a mouse ran across my foot and I saw it and said calmly, "oh, I have a mouse in my room."

You are right. Everyone has something they don't like.

andrew said...

To quote Indiana Jones..."Snakes, why does it always have to be snakes?"

Jackie said...

I can't handle and I mean CAN NOT handle mucus. It gags me every time. I better stop writing about it.

And red/yellow/black centapeeds. (Did I blow that spelling or what??) They're all wet and slimy and BIG and those pinchers keep looking for prey long after they're severed from it's body. GAG!