Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Drum Roll Please.....

I had this on the list of things to blog about but I wasn't sure when it would happen. Kind of appropriate that it hit the day after yesterday's post. TAKS results are in. Kids and parents don't know yet but we do. Here is how they look for my class: Reading - 90%, Math - 95%, and Writing - 100%! We laughed, cried, and stood in awe of what our students accomplished. I could not be any prouder than I am right now. Everyone is ready for next year so we can raise scores again and increase the number of kids commended. I had several tell me that I shouldn't leave. Kind of heart twisting. For now, I'll not worry about it but celebrate instead! The stress and hard work paid off in the end!

2 comments:

Cryssy said...

WOW, those are great scores. Congrats!! I know that takes a lot of work and dedication even with the best of kids. My hat is off to you for the heart you have for kids. I pray we find at least one as good as you for Gabe.

Amy said...

I'm so very, very happy and proud right now - not just for you, but for your whole staff, and the kids. Until the pendulum swings back, those test scores ARE our validation, and yours prove once again how hard-working, dedicated teachers can pull stuff out of kids that no one believed they could.

Now, enjoy the rest of the month!