Monday, March 19, 2007

Bible Study Will Do This To You...

There are definite pros and cons to being 27 and single. I have thought about writing a blog describing the joys of your own apartment vs the not so joyous moments of living alone. One thing that Erin has encouraged has been going somewhere new and living an adventure. Every time she has brought it up, I have been reduced to tears while explaining why that is not as glamorous as she may think it sounds. Until recently....

A beautiful woman from my church home invited Alissa and I to join her in a study of Daniel via Beth Moore. I played catch up the past five days (that is 30 homework assignments - intense!) so I can be where the rest of the group is. I've been brought to my knees in prayer over so many things. My heart has been mixed with inexpressible joy and burdening concern for others. To say that my outlook on life has been changed is an understatement! What once sounded scary and baffling is now the greatest cause of comfort for me. It may sound sudden but I do believe that this has been in the plans for quite a while. I just hadn't opened my eyes yet.

I don't know what the future holds for me. I have made life decisions upon what I thought would be best at the time. I have been blessed along the way and I know that God worked through my decisions. However, I know that there is more out there that what I decide. I have begun to pray for God to lead me to where He needs me most. I'm talking location, occupation, church home - you name it. If God says "go!", I'll be there. I'm no longer afraid that I will end up somewhere alone because I know that I won't be. God is already there waiting. I may be sent somewhere totally unexpected or He may just want me to stay here. I don't know. Yet, I have such an amazing peace about it! I went to my principal today and told here that I am beginning to seek out other places to be for next year. I was not nervous at all and she gave me her full support.

So I write this to ask for your prayers. I covet them greatly! I ask for discernment to know what He says. I ask for peace and joy until I am told where to go. I ask for focus as to not be distracted along the way. You are mighty in prayer and I beg you to petition on my behalf. Our God hears and He will be faithful to answer.

4 comments:

Cryssy said...

You could move to Charleston, SC and become Gabe's first grade teacher!!! That would be a great blessing to me and all the kids and we have a great church with lots of active ministries!

Amy said...

I'm right there with you, girl. When I talked to Dianne this morning, she said she will pray for you also - she is a diligent and fervent woman of prayer!!

God has great things in store for His daughter!

The Johnsons said...

First - I'm sorry I made you cry...

But, I am so excited for you! Your voice sounded full of joy and peace yesterday on the phone. I can't wait to see where you are led.

Jeff said...

Does this mean you'll be leaving us? (Tear).

Your relentless pursuit of God and godliness encourage me. He will put you where you need to be, and I pray that it is also somewhere that you want to be.